Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Little Darlin's At It Again!

What am I gonna do with this little darlin of mine???
So the other day I was getting ready for the day in my bathroom, and I had just changed my clothes. In the process of changing my pants, I emptied out my pockets. There just happened to be a tube of dark pink, extra thick and sticky, lipgloss in my pocket which I sat on the counter. I continued to do my hair, not noticing that while Tylie was in there watching me get ready, she grabbed the lipgloss and ran. She is so fast I didn't even know that she had taken it! A few minutes later, she came walkin into my bathroom and this is what I saw...

Yep, she bit the top off the lipgloss so she could just squeeze it out and that is just what she did. She went to town on painting herself, and just about everything else she could in the few minutes that she had.

That included her baby doll and her bedspread...

Her chair... and of course every bit of clothing she had on!
This is after I tried to get it off her face and out of her hair with baby wipes. You can tell that it didn't quite come out to easily, and she wasn't very happy about it.
In case you are wondering, the lipgloss did not come out easily! I washed, and scrubbed, and used every kind of shampoo possible and she still had pink hair! It had this thick greasy film that just would not come out. After a few days, and trying lots of different things, it finally has worn off and isn't pink anymore.

All I can say is it is a DANG good thing that she is so cute!

Oh ya, I keep forgetting about this, but here are the after pics of my kitchen cabinets. As you can see, after a few hours of scrubbing, most of the marker came off. You can't really see it very well in the picture, but there is very little evidence left of the black marker, and if you didn't know it was there, you'd never even notice it!




19 comments:

Colledge Family said...

HaHaHa...I love it!! I don't know how you do it and keep your cool most of the time--I would got totally nuts! Every time I see a new post about Tylie I start to laugh and I am just glad it's not me cause I probably wouldn't have a daughter left!! Good luck with all that and hopefully she grows out of it soon! :)

Anonymous said...

She sounds just like my little girl Adriana. We had our house repainted a few times, everything Covered with marker (mr.clean magic sponges work great on that), food smeared all over everything, nail polish, etc... I feel your pain, but I have good news also. She will outgrow it! Adriana sill gets into things, but she is more responsible about it. Hang in there I know what you are going through!

Ann Marie said...

Mo told me about this, and I'm glad you blogged about it.. Didn't Carlie partake in this too?? He-He!
Oneday she will outgrow it, and you can look back at the pictures and smile. I LOVE the doll. My sister and I did the same thing to my beloved doll ( only with black marker ) and I would do ANYTHING to have a picture of it.

I can't see any traces of marker on the cabinets.. Good job!
Your a super MOM!

ryanfam said...

When oh when does it (or will it) ever end for you?! These pics are the most classic ever and I really ask myself for you... How do you keep it together?
Children make our lives worth living and so so much more work!!!

Meladie said...

I love it! She's is hilarious! I'm glad the marker came off your cabinets...they look great, like nothing ever happened!

Abbie said...

Your cabinets look great! I'm glad you were able to get that off. And I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at her latest face painting. Good thing she is cute. I don't know how you do it. Maybe this is the beginning of some kind of fancy career that you just don't know about yet.

Leslie said...

Well, I hate to tell you this, but Hallie's six and she STILL gets into that kind of trouble! writing on the walls,dressers,doors,bed spread, coloring on her dolls, cutting up things she shouldn't, Let's keep praying though that they'll grow out of it like everyone says they will. ;)Your stories help me make it through my times with Hallie. It's a lot funnier when it's someone else.

Holli Slack said...

I don't know how you do it??? I think that I would have had a nervous break down by now. What a great mom you are. It will for sure be something that you can look at later and just laugh with her about!!! Great job on getting it off of your cabinets.

DeVries Family said...

Oh Lisa...no words...
(Iam just sitting at my computer chuckling to myself EVERY time I think of your pink haired daughter...SO WHAT!! Is she a rockstar????)

Brittany said...

It makes me laugh everytime I read your blog and what your little girl did! She seems very artistic!! I am glad to see the marker came off your cabinets.

She is still very cute, even covered in lip gloss!!

ginger said...

Bless your heart, Lisa.

Jen said...

Heaven help me woman!!! Hopefully Lindy doesn't learn too many of Ty's tricks! :)

Treo Sanders said...

As soon as I saw her picture before I even started reading I was laughing so hard. She definitely keeps you going doesnt she. What a good little mom you are and to keep your cool. I don't know if I could do it. He He!!!!
Most green things she wears is kinda lime green and probably just the basic red. Also, the pink, i want another pink one like the one you gave me and if you have a hot pink that would be great too. I'll call you tomorrow or Thurs and you can give me your address and we'll get things worked out. Take your time and do it when your not so busy. I'm not in a hurry. I know you've got your hand full. The pictures prove it.
Talk to ya soon. Thanks for doing that.
Treo
PS your cabinets look great. Nice job.

Fritzsche's said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny. I'm so glad that you took pics of that. You can rub it in her face when her daughter does the same thing to her and she freaks out. I love it!

Carol said...

Oh Lisa I feel so sorry for you. I thought Landon was a stinker but I think Tylie has him beat by a long shot.

Jessica said...

Is Jeremy as patient as you are? Because I know Jed would freak out. Jed and Jeremy were good friends in high school and we found you through Abbie. Well good luck with that cute girl of yours. I don't know if we would still have a daughter if she did that all the time.

JaKe and NaT* said...

oh my gosh your comment on my blog made me laugh so hard!!.. whats funny is cause while i was being interviewed in my head i was like i really hope teeples doesn't watch this cause i really am suckin at all these answers!! ha ha

DeVries Family said...

Hey thanks for looking out for us!! We ALWAYS do the Beckstrand exchange...it's not like we'd freak out if it didn't work out, but I guess Kerry is afraid of us or something. He always says that he doesn't know...not a big deal! THANKS for keeping us in the loop!

Colledge Family said...

Hey when you get a chance will you let me know that website that monica gets all the hairdo ideas please?? I'm starting to get a little boring and need new things to try!!