Here is Carson when we first got to the hospital.
Jeremy and Carson hanging out on the bed.
This is after Carson had his medicine that made him loopy! He was having a good time hanging from the bar, and doing pull ups on it.
Here is the anaesthesiologist, Shane Harrison, getting Carson ready to go.He was SO good with Carson.
Since Carson was on his "loopy" medicine, he couldn't walk, but that doesn't mean that he didn't want to try. He begged Shane to let him try to walk, so he did. About one step into it Carson started to fall, so Shane caught him!
Heading into surgery, not acting nervous one bit!
Yep, this is what Jer did while Carson was in surgery. He had a good long nap.
Carson in recovery. His oxygen kept dropping, so he had to use the mask a little bit to bring it up. He was really restless when he woke up from the anesthesia, but we got him to go back to sleep and he was much better when he woke up.
Wendy Chatland was Carson's nurse and was so good to him. She gave him this cute stuffed frog that he loves.
If you know Carson, you know he likes to do things by himself. He had so much fun wheeling himself out to the car in his wheelchair. At this point, he was pretty drugged up, so was in good spirits.After we got home this afternoon, Carson had a pretty good nap. His aunt Mo brought him down a big bag, from her and Gram, of fun games to play and lots of goodies that he will hopefully be able to eat in the next few days. Jack and Linda also brought him some fun balloons and popsicles, they are so good to him. A little bit later Gram and Papa came down to visit.
Tonight, he has been in quite a bit of pain which is hard to watch. There isn't much we can do, but try to make him comfortable. I am hoping that he will bounce back quick and be back to himself in no time at all!

8 comments:
Poor Carsarito Burrito! I'm sure every day will be a little bit better, and then he'll be Mr. Busy again!
My kids should have this done! I'm not looking forward to it..
I'm glad the hospital experience was good. I hope your weekend is enjoyable, and he recovers quickly!
Yay, it's over!! I hope he gets feeling better soon.
That doesn't sound like much fun at all. I really should get my tonsils out one day. They are always giving me trouble but I wish they would have done it when I was young because now I'm not sure if I'm as brave as Carson is.
I wish I would've got it done at his age...the doc tells me I need mine out now, and I'm not so brave! Hope he recovers good and quick for ya!
I'm glad things went good. I think Savannah's gonna be doing that soon too. Sounds like everyone is being so good to him and helping him to recover, so hopefully he'll be better real soon.
Poor guy... I hate seeing my kids have anxiety about medical things. It stinks that you can't just be with them in the OR until they are fast asleep! I hope he recovers quckly!
Poor guy. I hope he is feeling better. What a little trooper.
Post a Comment