Jeremy flew in on Memorial Day and let me tell ya, we were all so excited. My kids were so excited and Bryson just kept saying, "I can't believe dad is really coming home!" I felt the same way. I couldn't believe the day was finally here.
We got to the airport, or the "slab" as they call it in the military. The atmosphere there was full of total excitement. The flight was about a 1/2 hour early, so we didn't have to wait too long.
+006.jpg)
It was the BEST feeling to see Jeremy step off the plane!

After getting off the plane, the guys walked through the flags and then went to greet their families.

Carson, Lisa, and Tylie waiting patiently after the plane had landed.

Carson and his Uncle Ky watching for Jeremy.

Lisa and Tylie when they spotted him!

Bryson hugging his daddy.

Our family ALL together again!

Daddy's little girl.

It took Tylie a little while to warm up to Jer, but as soon as she did, he couldn't leave her sight. She has always been a daddy's girl.

Bryson wanted to carry Jer's backpack, but I think it was as big as him.
All the family that was there went out to Chili's for dinner after we left the slab. We had a good time visiting and catching up a little bit. When we finished, my parents took the kids home and we stayed up in Salt Lake because Jeremy had to go back the next day for some more briefings and paperwork.

When we got home the next day, my sis Mo had taken all the kids down to our house to hang signs and decorate it all up for us. The kids had a blast decorating it to surprise us. They even drew big pictures on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. They were so proud of themselves.

Mo lined the sidewalk with flags.

Jeremy right back where he belongs... AT HOME!!!
I just want to thank EVERYONE who has helped us in anyway this past year. We have the BEST family and friends possible. Those of you who know me, know that I am a 'little' bit stubborn and don't like to accept any help. I try to do everything by myself. It has been a learning experience for me to accept help when I have needed it. Whether it was helping out with my kids, helping in my yard, shoveling snow, or just calling to chat, it helped out! Thanks to everyone... WE MADE IT!!!

15 comments:
Your story makes me cry! I am so happy for you and your family and tell Jeremy that we are proud of him.
Wow, I was crying like a baby when I read this post. I am so happy Jeremy is home safe and sound. SOOO happy for you!!!
I am so happy for your family to be all back together again. I can't even imagine having my husband gone for that long....I would be crazy! You have handled it well Lisa. Have a fun summer with your family!
Awww, sniff, sniff, drip, drip (those are tears)....No seriously, I'm crying! It's been a long year, but you really were a champ and it could have been much worse (I know easy for me to say!) It's been so fun to see the kids with their daddy and how happy you are! You guys just make the cutest little family!
Like everyone else, this made me cry. I am happy that your family is back together again and proud of Jeremy for serving our country.
I'm SO glad you posted this!! I know you've heard this A LOT but when I read through it and seen the pictures it brought tears to my eyes!! I'm happy that Jeremy is home safe! We are very proud of him! And thanks for the comment on my blog! : )
I am so happy for you!
My hats off to you Lisa for all that you have accomplished and for being the mommy AND daddy for a year, you have grown so much as a woman! Welcome home Jeremy!!!! :)
I hate to say I cryed, and sound so cliche, but I did! I'm so glad to see you all together again! :)
I am so glad that Jeremy is finally home again. You guys have such a cute family. I know that we are so grateful for the sacrifice you ALL have made for our country. You should be so proud. Enjoy every minute together!
That is so awesome!! Cam asked why I was smiling when I was looking at your blog! So yeah I hope Katie's hair gets thicker. I should've started cutting it a long time ago...oh well! It's cute cause I can do it under or out and I love it!!
Welcome home Jeremy. I am so happy for you and your family. What a trooper you have been. I seriously don't know how you did it, but you did it well. I'm sure you guys have a lot of catching up to do. I hope you have a lot of fun summer plans.
I'm so happy for you guys! Your posts made me cry! I'm glad Jeremy is home safe and your family is back together finally!
I am SO happy for you and your family. I also really miss you!! I am SO glad that he is home safe and sound, right where he belongs!!
LUVS :D
Sorry it has taken so long to comment....All I can say is that my heart if full of pride to be friends with you guys, I can't tell you how happy we are that Jeremy is home again! THANK YOU Jeremy & Lisa for your sacrifice. We love you and hope to keep on touch. We are flying into SLC on the 26th of this month but aren't sure that we will be able to make it to Fillmore (or Meadow) before we leave the 30th. We will find a way to let you know if we are able to though.
Post a Comment